Gerdau Sahagun issues final acceptance for the Automatic Gas Coupling System
Gerdau Sahagun in Mexico recently ordered an Automatic Gas Coupling package from INTECO PTI and it has been installed, commissioned, and finally accepted. The package consisted of engineering, project management, start up and commissioning for the project as well as the supply of the equipment.
The gas coupling system is the quickest, safest, most reliable and most maintenance friendly automatic connection device for the stirring gas supply to the steel ladle available on the market. The system ensures the supply of the stirring gas to the ladle automatically. The technology eliminates manual operation to couple and decouple of couplers from gas source to ladle.
- Additional advantages of this system are:
- No more operator presence next to ladle full of liquid steel
- The high flexibility in the X-,Y-,Z- axis enables the unit to compensate possible misaligned ladle position
- Simple and sturdy design with good access to all components
- Any application especially with limited space condition
- The gas coupling concept provides an absolute independency of any hydraulic, pneumatic media supply or electrical power
- The unit enables high temperature applications up to 600°C (1112°F), e.g. EAF or VOD environments
- Lead time is around 8 to 10 weeks and equipment installation is scheduled right after the equipment delivery to site.