New Order: Gas Coupling System with Gas Stirring Station
Undisclosed US customer orders new Gas Coupling System with Gas Stirring Station from INTECO PTI.
The system will consist of 6 basic (lower) sets as well as 18 ladle (upper) sets, that will equip the entire ladle fleet in the melt shop. Also included is the Gas Stirring Station to control gas flow. The order includes engineering, installation supervision and start-up.
The INTECO PTI gas coupling system is the original system and is the quickest, safest, most reliable and most maintenance friendly automatic connection device for the stirring gas supply to the steel ladle available on the market. The system ensures the supply of the stirring gas to the ladle automatically. The technology eliminates manual operation to couple and decouple of couplers from gas source to ladle. This is a metal-to-metal connection without any O-Ri.
Additional advantages of this system are:
- No more operator presence next to ladle full of liquid steel
- The high flexibility in the X-,Y-,Z- axis enables the unit to compensate possible misaligned ladle position
- Simple and sturdy design with good access to all components
- Any application especially with limited space condition
- The gas coupling concept provides an absolute independency of any hydraulic, pneumatic media supply or electrical power
- The unit enables high temperature applications up to 932°F (500°C), e.g. EAF or VTD environments